Se habla espanol
Power Inn Chiropractic – Sacramento Chiropractor
Discover how Dr. Robert Hulbert can help you improve your health, eliminate stress, and live a pain free lifestyle! Chiropractic has become the most popular natural health care choice in the United States. It is more understood, accepted, and used than ever before. The reason why chiropractic care is so popular is because it gets great results.
More and more people are trying chiropractic care and finding it makes a huge difference in their health. There is no other health care service that can improve your health and how you feel the way chiropractic care can. Visit your Sacramento chiropractor today.
what our patients are saying
“After constant pain for 15 months in her left elbow as well as constant pain for 6 weeks in her right wrist and both ankles, Nellie Walters had tried almost everything to stop the pain. Nothing helped until a friend told her about Dr. Hulbert.
After her first adjustment, Nellie said the pain in her elbow decreased by 30% and the pain in her wrist and both ankles was relieved completely. Today she feels even better!”
“Chandra Flinn almost always had mid-back and low-back pain. In the past, she had tried massage, other chiropractic methods, stretch, and ibuprofen. Then one day while she was at school, she heard that Dr. Hulbert was the chiropractor for Sacramento State University.
Chandra was referred to Dr. Hulbert for help. Since being treated by Dr. Hulbert, she additionally says, “The treatment I received from Dr. Hulbert has relieved my pain. Also in Olympic lifting I catch the weight even on a heavy snatch instead of rotating and pushing the bar unevenly.”
“Valerie had lived with stiffness and soreness in her neck and shoulders for many years and with pain in her low back. After massage and exercise did not alleviate these problems, her loving husband brought her to see Dr. Hulbert, and she found the relief she had been looking for. “I’m now almost pain free. My neck and shoulders are loose and do not hurt most of the time. My lower back doesn’t hurt the majority of the time.”
“As an athlete at CSU Sacramento, Jonathan Davis had a nagging hamstring strain for the past two years. When weight lifting was not solving the problem, Jonathan scheduled an appointment with Dr. Hulbert. “Since my regular office visits, I haven’t had any more problems with my hamstrings”. After Dr. Hulbert healed Jonathan’s hamstring, Jonathan was able to compete at an outstanding level at the Bill Cosby Invitational. In fact, Jonathan clocked in a season best time in the 55-meter dash, an effort that earned him the CSUS Athlete of the Week award.”
“After 25 years of back pain and attempts at relief with medical treatment, medication, physical therapy, and exercise, Walt Wilson’s daughter referred him to Dr. Hulbert for chiropractic care. In Walt’s words, “What physical therapy did in three months, I receive from my chiropractic doctor in one week! When I have these recurrent back problems, I am totally disabled. Dr. Hulbert is able to relieve my severe pain and give me the ability to function as a person.”
What Is A Chiropractor and How Can They Help?
If you ask many people in Sacramento what a chiropractor is, they will tell you that they are professionals who treat back pain. In fact, most people visit a chiropractor the first time when they experience back problems.
The truth is that a chiropractor can help treat many more conditions. To understand what these are, let us begin by understanding exactly what a chiropractor is. A chiropractor is a trained health care professional who treats neuromuscular disorders through manipulation of the spine. Their main aim is to reduce pain in different parts of the body.
You may have heard chiropractors disparaged in some quarters. Do not believe a word that the naysayers have to say. In fact, chiropractors are trained and they are in the health care professionals category. Their courses go all the way to the PhD level and they are offered in top medical schools all over the world.
It is important to understand the approach that chiropractors take towards their work. They are trained to heal the body without the use of drugs. They believe that the body has the ability to mend itself if given the right conditions. Everything in the body is controlled by the nervous system so if it is out of alignment it can cause health problems. Manipulated properly, health can be restored over time.
What are some of the condition that chiropractors can help alleviate?
As mentioned at the beginning, chiropractors can heal a variety of painful conditions:
• The first, of course, is lower back pain. This is common and millions of people across the world suffer from it. With just a few adjustments, your Sacramento CA chiropractor can get rid of lower back pain without any need for pain medication. Even lower back pain that is as a result of a car accident or any other kind of accident can easily be treated. It is important to point out here that people suffer lower back pain and who don’t want to risk getting addicted to pain medications are best helped by a chiropractor.
• Did you know that chiropractors can cure deafness depending on the cause? In fact, this is how chiropractic came about in 1895. A man, Harvey Lillard, had an accident and lost hearing in one ear. When he visited his friend, D. D. Palmer, Palmer examined him and saw that his spine was out of alignment. When the doctor put the spine back in alignment, the deaf ear was cured and something else also happened – Lillard’s heart problems disappeared. That is when Dr. plamer reasoned that if straightening the spine could take care of such unrelated conditions it could surely affect a lot of other health issues. It is important to mention here that even ear infections (in babies and adults) can be cured using chiropractic adjustments.
• Vertebral subluxation is an uncommon condition where the spinal discs are compressed and rubbing on each other. It can be extremely painful and it can also lead to other health problems. By straightening the spine a chiropractor will be able to restore it back to normal.
• Neck pains are quite common after a car accident or when one doesn’t rest their neck properly during sleep. If you neck pains persist for more than a day or two you may have a problem that requires the care of a chiropractor. The pain is usually due to damage to soft tissue and muscle. A chiropractor will stimulate the muscle to improve blood flow and in a few days you should feel better.
• Chiropractors are increasingly helping people stay healthy. You can visit one even without any specific complaints and they will work with you over the years to ensure that you remain in good health. Other than just straightening out your spine (you need to have this done once in a while), they will discuss your diet as well as your exercise routine.
• If you have been feeling rather stiff lately you will be pleased to know that your chiropractor can make you feel a lot more flexible with a top to bottom adjustment. They work on all your joints to encourage blood flow which in turn provides more oxygen to the tissue in the joints. This can be particularly helpful for those who have been bedridden for a while and want to get ambulatory again.
Are there any particular people for whom a chiropractor is definitely recommended?
As a matter of fact there are. If you fall in any of the following categories it is recommended that you seek out a chiropractor in Sacramento right away:
• If you have a slipped disc. You will know because it is extremely painful and you may not even be able to walk. The doctor will examine you and refer you to a chiropractor and prescribe pain meds. If you don’t want to take them for months or years you should see a chiropractor once or twice a week.
• If you suffer poor posture your entire spine will misalign over time and you may become permanently hunched. This is a common condition for people who sit in offices all day. A chiropractor will help realign your spine and get your posture back to what it should be.
• After an accident, you may suffer joint swelling due to damage on intervertebral joints. Chiropractic can help you restore things to normal and get rid of the joint swelling.
• If you suffer frequent inflammation that cannot be explained, it could be that your spine is the problem. If the doctor has done all sorts of tests and cannot seem to find the problem try having a few adjustments and see whether the inflammation frequency and severity reduces.
• Sufferers of osteoporosis need to see a chiropractor because as they lose bone density their spine starts to shift. This can have an overall negative effect on health.
These are just some of the reasons why you should seek out a chiropractor.